Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Guest Bathroom Reveal! - Before and After Photos!

Well, it's done, well, mostly, sort of... okay, not really but at least it's livable for the time being.   Being that we are now home with our twins (yeah, it's been awhile since I posted, sorry!) it's gonna have to do for now!  

The guest bathroom, although functional was well, a bit embarrassing and very out of date. It had once been a porch and when our little farmhouse was added onto, the old window trim was left there by the previous owners.   

 Anyway, here are the 'before' photos!





The light fixture in here was the oddest I had ever seen.  It looked like it could have been from an airplane or submarine.    Not exactly what we had in mind!  The toilet, oh the toilet...  It was an elongated one that was so inefficient that water never filled to the front portion of the toilet. My littles had this problem of sitting way forward on the toilet seat which made for some problems when they... I will stop there.  Feel free to use your imagination!


 Behind the vanity was a long narrow closet that wasn't functional.  We tore out that wall and replaced a teeny tiny baby storm window with one more appropriate.  



 Out came the pocket door here!  This is where, in the 'after' photos, is now the water closet (toilet area). 

My poor husband had to work on the plumbing almost completely by himself... I was super pregnant and very sick so I provided very little 'plumbing' help for the guy!  Everything had to be rerun and re plumbed so it was about a month worth of work down in the crawl space.  Once I felt better, which was nearing the end of my pregnancy, I was able to do my normal 'activities' and helped finish up the plumbing (Insert funny story here about being pregnant with twins, almost due, and a very small crawl space... yeah) and all the regular rehab work for the rest of the bathroom.   I got the floor and shower tiled just a week before our babies were to arrive.  I had a visit from my sweet neighbors as I was laying the tile... they think I'm crazy ;) Not sure I blame them!  

Loved the way it has turned out so far Now for some 'after' photos! Please keep in mind, nothing is 'done'.  Not the caulking, putty-ing, trim, nothing.  There is still a lot to do but for now... it is my version of done.  




New Jacuzzi tub.  Loving it!




Built this table last year and it doesn't actually belong in there but when I get a minute I will build one like it (but smaller) for that area.  The table will hold apothecary jars for cotton balls and q-tips.  You know, things my kids will get into and string throughout the house ;) 



Tub surround still needs to be painted and finished.  


 Look Ma!  NO TRIM!  


In case you were wondering, we used 100 year old doors and tried to match the trim as closely as possible to that in the original parts of the house.   I really need to get in there and get some farmhouse 'character' infused.  Still working over that in my mind and really hoping to get to it!  Any suggestions??

Peace out Ya'll!  Thanks for checking on us!
Brandy 

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You did an amazing job on the guest bathroom. I totally agree that you achieved the farmhouse look. I can't wait for you to add the apothecary jars. I'm sure they'll add a lot more farmly character to the bathroom. Hahaha! In any way, thanks for sharing the lovely reveal, Brandy! Kudos and all the best to you!:)

    Johnny Hernandez @ Ripple Systems

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a transformation! The rustic table between those two vanity mirrors is just lovely. Plus, the hardwood floors are divine! I can't wait until you add little bathroom accessories that will bring more of its charm out. Good job remodeling that bathroom, Brandy! More to come I hope!

    Lynn Williamson @ DAL Builders

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you! The renovation that you've done is really a success one especially in making it to look like a farmhouse. It seems that everything is on the right place, so let's hope that there will be no plumbing issues in the future. In any way, thanks for sharing that, Brandy! All the best to you!

    Wilfred Andrews @ LB Plumbing and Heating

    ReplyDelete